The Grampet Group becomes majority shareholder of Polisano Pharmaceuticals, with 74%
The strategic objective is the leading position in the oncology production market in Central and South Eastern Europe
Bucharest, September 17, 2018 – The Grampet Group, the largest railway group and private logistic operator in Romania and Southeastern Europe, has increased its stake in Polisano Pharmaceuticals in Sibiu from 20% to 74%.
“The investment comes after two consecutive acquisitions of minority holdings over the past year, following which we have better understood the needs and development potential of this plant. We thus got the confirmation that our initial decision to take over one of the best known brands in the Romanian pharmacy industry and lead it to the next level of development was a correct one,” says Gruia Stoica, President of the Grampet Group. “We have already allocated significant resources to expand, because our aim is taking Polisano Pharmaceuticals to the leader position in Central and South Eastern Europe for cancer treatment medicines production.”
He continued: “We are preparing to launch the first line of solid oncology drug production in the first half of next year, following an investment of 25 million euros, for a capacity of about 10 million therapeutic units annually. At the same time, by the end of 2019, preparations will be completed for production of injectable liquid oncology lines existing in the factory in Sibiu.”
About 30% of Polisano Pharmaceuticals’ production will go on the domestic market, with the remainder being exported to the 35 markets Polisano is already working on, as well as new markets as the company expands its partnerships.
The structure of the new shareholders is 74% Grampet Group, the remaining 26% being held by the Muntean family and lawyer Remus Borza.
The management team remains unchanged, benefiting from the confidence of shareholders that they have the ability and know-how to meet their established business goals.
“We are currently working with over 100 physicians and pharmacists and constantly investing in innovation, looking for the most modern, diverse and affordable pharmaceutical formulas. We trust that the new shareholders structure supports Polisano’s mission to improve the lives of as many people as possible. At the same time, we hope to make a significant contribution to mitigating the oncology crisis on the Romanian market, which patients feel increasingly acute in recent years,” says Roxana Manole, CEO of Polisano Pharmaceuticals.
The factory in Sibiu has 160 employees and an area of 33,000 square meters, being equipped with state-of-the-art manufacturing lines. Currently it has a production capacity equivalent to over 500 million therapeutic units and produces over 50 own brands of dietary supplements and OTCs distributed in 35 countries.
About GRAMPET Group
Established almost 20 years ago, GRAMPET is today the largest private rail freight and logistics operator in Romania and in Central and South Eastern Europe. Its 16-company structure is strategically designed to span the entire chain of rail transport solutions and products, thus offering clients an integrated experience at the highest level of competence: freight railway transport, building, repairs and upgrading of rolling stock, spare parts production, lease of rolling stock, freight transhipment, logistic services, as well as innovative IT solutions for railway operators.
With a declared objective to connect the Atlantic Ocean through the North Sea, to the Pacific, through the South China Sea, GRAMPET Group is one of the main drivers for the development of transport corridors which connect Europe and Asia.
Its flagship company – Grup Feroviar Roman (GFR), is the biggest private railway transport operator in Romania, with a total market share of approximately 30%, and a strategic position in key industries such as Oil & Gas, Constructions or Agribusiness. Also, 20% of the GFR transports activities are international. The operator has agreements with sister-companies in the group, as well as with state-owned and private rail operators in Hungary, Bulgaria, Moldova Republic, Serbia, Slovakia, Croatia, Austria, Germany, and Greece.
The Group’s companies Reva Simeria, Electroputere VFU Pascani, Reloc Craiova, and Electroputere VFU Craiova account for 100% of the rolling stock repair market in Romania.
In parallel, the group has an intense research and development activity, aimed at developing technical solutions that provide clients with a transparent and real-time experience of services. In this respect, GRAMPET Group launched its e-client portal last year – a first in Romania, which is a tool for client relationship management throughout the entire process, from posting of orders to billing.
Further details are available on the official webpage – www.grampet.ro.